Sunday, January 17, 2010

My long lost love.

Oh writing, how dearly I've missed you.
I started this blog for one reason: to write. This is not a blog to keep anyone updated on my numerous happenings or experiences. I simply want to write. I used to love to write; English was a class I looked forward to in school. I loved writing about books, poems, or authors. I especially loved pieces that allowed me to use sarcasm or satire. Writing made me happy, made me ponder, made me laugh, and made me expressive. I am no literary genius; I doubt my words will awe or inspire; I don't expect many followers (except my dear friend Joelle who promised to be my most devout) and I especially don't expect my blog to be made into a movie starring Merryl Streep. I am simply excited to be writing again -  to be babbling on about nothing merely because I enjoy it. 
And with that begins the adventure of Mel's Rad Blog. 

3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind if I follow you. I am sad this will probably have a year and a half gap in it but excited about this because I think these are cool to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! MEL! I'M SO EXCITED! Today will be the best day ever, because I get to start it out with a bowl of maple crunch cereal, and Mel's Rad Blog. Oh yeah. Be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my full support. I like your first two posts. I started a blog once. I lost it and now I can't find it. Keep writing in yours.

    ReplyDelete