Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life's Simple Pleasures

First of all, may I send my heartfelt and sincere apologies to all of the “faithful followers” whom I know have been eagerly checking my blog daily in hopes of finding another post. I am so sorry for your anxiety. I have been stressing lately about what to write. I wanted others’ to find my words interesting, funny, or inspiring yet I couldn’t think of a single topic that would fit those adjectives. But then I remembered that I’m writing this blog for me. Just me. And that makes me very happy. And it also makes me free to write about whatever I choose.

And I choose Dove Soap. Yes, I said Dove soap. My own wonderful, simple pleasure of life. Ooooooh wee how I love love love it.

Dove soap truly brings a sparkle of joy into my life. Especially those mundane days where the life of a twelve-hour-a-day-shiftworker inlcudes nothing but food, work, and sleep. At the end of each day I look forward to a warm shower with nothing less than my most favourite and soothing bar of soap. Now I understand a few of you may be laughing right now but I speak the truth. Don’t worry, I will shortly explain why it’s the best and most beautiful bar of soap in the world. ***sigh***

I’ve seen numerous commercials for Dove over the years but the one that stands out most in my mind – the one that started it all – was the commercial where they compared the “soap scum” on a girl who used regular soap to a girl who used Dove. It caught my attention and I decided to check it out. To make a long story short I fell in love. Head-over-heels in fact. Here’s why:

  1. Dove truly is soap scum free. If you don’t believe me try washing your hands, arms, elbows, or toes with an inexpensive bar of soap, and then try it with Dove. You can literally feel the soft, clean, non-scummy difference the moment you rinse. It’s incredible.
  2. Dove is super soft. Not the fall apart before it’s finished soft but the cool, delicate, oh-so-gentle on my little skin follicles soft. That’s rad.
  3. It has a dove engraved on the top. How wicked is that?
  4. Dove & fresh scent = PB & J. I love love love the fresh scents of all Dove soaps. And I’m not talkin’ scented as in that perfumey, over-the-top, gaggy kind of soap. I’m talkin’ crisp, bright, lively, spectacular. I’m currently digging the cool cucumber – it’s heavenly.
  5. Dove soap is chock full of moisture; ultra-super moisturizing machine is an understatement. It’s like infusing your skin with lotiony goodness every time you wash!
  6. And my favourite thing about Dove (the company not the soap) is that they run the “Campaign for Real Beauty” which encourages women and girls everywhere to love themselves for who they are. It supports building confidence, embracing differences and abandoning stereotypes. Amazing!

I could keep on gushing about my love of Dove but instead I’d like you all to consider your own simple pleasures. Maybe a pair of fuzzy socks, a slice of gooey chocolate cake, a beloved children’s book, or the smell of homemade bread. Whatever your simple pleasure might be I hope you remember to take the time to appreciate it. Find joy in all the little things life has to offer. And if you haven’t already, go pick yourself up an outstandingly wonderful little bar of soap. Now that you know which one of course!

1 comment:

  1. Love your post sweetie.......hmmm, will definitely have to go buy a bar. Glad you mentioned the Campaign for Beauty! Isn't it true....I seriously think you should send this to Dove, maybe they will send some ad money your way.....love MOM

    ReplyDelete